February 26, 2015

Business English Telephone Conversation Part 2

English Mufid - learn English online - English phone conversation.

business English telephone conversation
English phone conversation



BUSINESS ENGLISH TELEPHONE CONVERSATION part 2

This is the second part of English phone conversation lessons especially in Business English. As an international language, English takes a big role in career for those who have international jobs or lead certain business. Communication is one of the most important matter in business especially in global business. Whether you are just setting up a business or developing your company, having good communication skills is going to help your business make progress. It will build up you business networks. Perhaps, for some people that are not English native speakers they thought English for business is always formal. The truth is that the usage of spoken English now mostly casual. When meeting business partners or consumers people generally use informal English. However, they will mostly communicate in more casual English rather than formal styles.



Going for a Business Trip

Arranging a trip is always exciting. Going on a business trip can do more than fun. Srart up with a god preparation and you will have a great time!

Christina: Hello, Mr. Edward! This is Christina speaking.

Edward  : Hi, Christina! How have you been?

Christina: Everything is okay, Mr. Edward! I'm calling you for discussing our business trip next
                   week.

Edward  : Yeah, next week is our first trip to promote our new products. I'm just considering which
                  city we should visit first. Do you have any idea?

Christina: Probably California is the best choice for the first destination. As you know we have a
                   wide range of marketplaces there.

Edward  : That's a wonderful suggestion. We will have a big opportunity. I believe that our
                   promotion is going to be successful, Christina.

Christina: I do hope so, Mr. Edward. I will ask my team to arrange our departure as soon as possible.

Edward  : Excellent! Your company is indeed our best partner. Thank you so much, Christina.

Christina: You are very welcome, Mr. Edward! We are proud of your performance, too.

Edward  : OK. See you and your team next week, Christina.

Christina: See you, Mr. Edward. Take care!



Negotiation for a Product

Often in business we find the situation in which we have to make a negotiation with our business partners. Let's take a look how you can negotiate in English.

Billy : Hello, this is Billy. How are you, Steve?

Steve: Great to have your call, Billy. What's up with you?

Billy : I'd like to hear more regarding the price you have offered to us. I am wondering if the price is
            too expensive. Would you reduce it, Steve?

Steve: But we have the best quality, Bill. And I think the price is suitable.

Billy : Yes, I understand that you provide me the best quality with your products. But you know I
            have been your customer for a long time. So I hope you will be glade to give me a discount.

Steve: Okay! I am going to discuss more with the sales department and inform you for further
            information tomorrow.

Billy : That's a great news for me, Steve. Thanks is advance.

Steve: OK, bye for now!

Billy : Have a nice day.



Negotiation for a Service


Melissa: Hello, David! This is Melissa calling.

David  : Oh yeah, Melissa! How is it going?

Melissa: I'd like to discuss more the charge for your service.

David  : Sure Melissa. I offer you $5000 for one-year rent.

Melissa: Could you explain more about the condition of the building?

David  : It's built less than one year ago. So it's a new building. In fact, you will be the first renter.

Melissa: What size? You know I have more than 20 employees. I'm afraid if the building is too
               small.

David  : Don't worry, Melissa. It's 30 meters square in two floors. I guarantee you will not regret
              dealing with me.

Melissa: But your price is just too high. I'm offered for $4000 from another. And the building is not
               much different from yours.

David  : Oh, really! So let me sleep on it. I'll call you back tonight.

Melissa: Thank you, David. I am looking forward to your confirmation.

David  : Take it easy. We are best partners.



That's it for business English telephone conversation lessons today. Hope you enjoy your learning!

0 comments

Post a Comment