March 16, 2015

Future Progressive Tense - English Grammar

Have you mastered the previous lesson on the Past Progressive Tense? If you already know how to use it so you should continue your learning. The next English tense will be Future Progressive Tense. What is it and how to use it? Keep reading and you are about to master them right away!

future continuous exercises
future continuous tense in English grammar


"You or someone is DOING something, but in the future."

Structure: S + will be + V-ing + complement.
                  S + will  not  be + V-ing + complement.
                  Will + S + be + V-ing + complement?


I will be...
He will be...
She will be...
It will be...
We will be...
They will be...

I will not be...
He will not be...
She will not be...
It will not be...
We will not be...
They will not be...


Using Future Progressive Tense in Affirmative Forms

I will be taking a shower if you call me at 07.00, so please call me at 8.00 instead.
We will be having more trouble if we can't solve the problem as soon as possible.
It will be raining today.


Using Future Progressive Tense in Negative Forms

He will not be finishing his job if you don't force him.
Jessica will not be attending the meeting this afternoon.
I am sure the price will not be going up again.


Using Future Progressive Tense in Interrogative Forms

Will you be cleaning home if I come at eight?
Will they be here helping us?
Will she be getting fatter as your guess?


Abbreviations

I will be - I'll be
He will be - He'll be
She will be - She'll be
It will be - It'll be
We will be - We'll be
They will be - They'll be

I will not be - I won't be
He will not be - He won't be
She will not be - She won't be
It will not be - It won't be
We will not be - We won't be
They will not be - They won't be


Read more: Present Progressive Tense

Exercises

1) It will be snowing today, I guess!
     a. will be
     b. be will
     

2) I am afraid if you will not be coming to my birthday party.
     b. will be not
     a. will not be
     
 
3) They will be running faster than you.
     a. running
     b. run
     

4) Do you think she will be laughing?
     a. will be
     b. would be
     

5) I will be studying at that time.
     a. studying
     b. studied
     

1 comments:

  1. It is helpful blog for those people who don't have knowledge of tenses. You have provided here good examples for future tense. I like reading your blog post.

    German Courses In Dubai

    ReplyDelete